Exactly two years ago this week, I posted my pre-baby to do list with baby #1! Since baby #1 and baby #2’s due dates are only six days apart, it has been fun (and a bit surreal) to compare both pregnancies every step of the way.
This post may contain affiliate links.
When I first found out I was pregnant, I felt so overwhelmed by all the BIG things we had to accomplish before baby #2’s arrival. Now that we are less than two months away from having a newborn in the house again, I am feeling a little bit better about my to-do list. There is still A LOT to do, but we’ve ticked a few of the big ticket items off of our list, including:
- Buy a minivan: check! We researched, and purchased a Toyota Sienna that we love!
- Find a two-bedroom apartment: check! God surprised us by dropping a beautiful rental house in our laps. We’ll be moving this week!
- Buy a new infant car seat: check!
- Get Gideon sleeping through the night: check! I ended up night-weaning him in January, and by the end of February he was sleeping through the night for the first time ever! Hallelujah! Everyone was right, it would happen eventually.
- Buy a rocking chair: check! I found a La-Z-Boy rocker/recliner at a garage sale for $15! I love it. I have already rocked Gideon to sleep in it a few times, and I am a big fan. We had a used glider, when G was a baby, but it was old to begin with and it eventually fell apart so we got rid of it.
What still remains on my list? Check it out below!
- Pack and move across town
- Organize and decorate my new little home
- Make 10 freezer meals + snacks
- Go to the chiropractor once a week
- Finish reading all my birth books
- Write birth plan
- Drink 1-2 cups red raspberry leaf tea and eat 6 dates a day starting at 35 weeks.
- Finish our birth course
- Make a VBAC Vision Board
- 50 squats a day
- Continue walking 2-3 miles a day
- Set up a Labor and Delivery playlist
- Pack our hospital bags
- Decide on a few names, and have that list of names on my phone
- Choose two coming home outfits (boy and girl)
To Buy for Baby
- A few more newborn girl outfits (just in case, I have lots of boy clothes!)
- A double jogging stroller (preferably a used Bob or Thule, I’ve been watching them on Facebook Marketplace, but haven’t made the leap yet).
Maybe Buying for Baby?
- A crib (we never got one with Gideon, but I am wondering if we want to try one with baby #2? Possibly just an enclosed space to put baby in to keep him/her safe from Gideon at times? Thoughts
- A baby swing. We had a baby bouncer for Gideon, that he never really liked. I am curious if a swing would be helpful? I’ve heard that some babies love them, and others don’t. I might pick one up, after we’ve moved, if I see one at a garage sale.
- A ring sling. I have a Lillebaby carrier, which I love, but I’ve always wanted to try a ring sling.
- Cloth diapers and reusable wipes. We’ve always done disposable with Gid, because we’ve never had our own washer and dryer. We pay $3 a load in our apartment complex, and I just didn’t think it would be cost effective to use cloth. But in our new house we will have a washer and dryer! Huzzah! So should I consider switching to cloth? Thoughts?
To Buy for Mama
- Another nursing bra. I ordered a bunch on Amazon (because, you know, I can try them on at home and return for free!) and LOVED this one. I want to order another one, but I’m waiting to see if they go on sale (I’ve also seen them pop up on Zulily for half the price).
- A few more nursing tanks. I lived in these nursing tank tops after Gideon was born. I just spotted some pretty light pink nursing tanks at Wal-Mart the other day, and I might snag one or two before this baby is born.
- A new set of pajamas. Honestly, you spend so much time in loungewear in those early weeks, I want to find something pretty and fun!
- Finish Virtual Assistant projects before my maternity leave
- Launch our podcast
Just for Fun
- Celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary by planning something fun!
- Celebrate Gid’s second birthday, and my birthday too.
- Get a pedicure in the final weeks of pregnancy
- Get a haircut–I haven’t had my hair done professionally for over a decade. Kinda itching to try something new!
- Potty train Gideon (ha! We are starting to introduce the concept, but I’m definitely not forcing the issue. It’ll happen eventually).
- Grow an extra set of arms to hold both my babies
Whew! I’m tired just writing out this list!