Goodness gracious has it been a hot minute since I’ve written to you!
Back in March, I thought to myself: “Self, you should really get caught up on virtual assistant work/housework/exercise/dejunking before you blog. Maybe you should just take a week to get caught up on everything, and then you can start blogging again. ‘Kay? ‘Kay.”
Two months later.
Still not caught up, but I miss you guys, and so I am going to update you on everything in our life via a good old-fashioned update post!
- We are now self-employed. Saia launched a masonry business! It has been exciting, and scary all at the same time!
- We put in a garden. It is now completely planted, and full of onions, tomatoes, peppers, flowers, herbs, carrots, and swiss chard! I really wanted to plant some flowers to cut all summer long, and I did! Can’t wait for them to pop up.
- We finally installed a baby gate at the top of our stairs. I feel like we are officially parents now.
- We still have not gone on a date without Gideon. Sad, but true. Maybe…soon? Our third wedding anniversary is in July, so maybe then? Tell me we’re not the only ones to wait forever after having a baby to do this.
- Gideon is now army crawling around. He would MUCH rather be carried or stand up, but since he is edging ever closer to the ten-month-mark we’ve been trying to do everything we can to help him spend more time on his belly, and practice crawling.
- I have a whole lotta Mama Guilt and fears that he hasn’t crawled super fast, because I’ve carried him too much.
- Gideon loves pickles and pickled kalamata olives—which just goes to show that while he might not look like me, he is, after all, like his mama. He does not, however, like watermelon. At all. Which is odd, considering I ate watermelons by the dozen when I was pregnant with him. Maybe he is just watermeloned-out? He loves meat of all kinds, butternut squash, and berries!
- Gideon has one tooth all the way through, and another one trying to come through. This second tooth has been the worst. He has been in pain for the past five days! He had a bit of a fever, wasn’t sleeping, and it has been so rough. I hope it comes through soon!
- I’ve started diving into VBAC research. I find it so fascinating, and when we do have a second child, I want to do everything I can to prepare to raise my chances of having a successful VBAC.
- I’ve struggled with this whole stay-at-home-mom thing, and I don’t know how to write about it. I am so grateful and happy to be home with Gideon, and wouldn’t want it any other way, but at the same time I’m still trying to figure out how to get enough people time in too.
- I tried a Thredup Goody Box, and LOVED the experience, a review will be up on the blog in the next couple weeks.
- My sister, who goes to college at my alma mater only five minutes from our apartment, left for Europe for six weeks (rude), and I have REALLY missed her popping in multiple times a week. Sob.
- My Mom and I are finally getting down to launching our podcast. We’ve both been through some crazy-busy seasons this past year, but we are plugging away to launch our very own podcast soon!
- I haven’t gotten out by myself to Starbucks for many a month, and I really have felt it. Maybe this week?
- Saia took Gideon out of the house for the FIRST TIME EVER on Mother’s day. I was alone in my home for fifty-four incredible minutes. The first time I’ve been by myself at home in over nine months. It was glorious. I put on a slimy charcoal facemask, took a shower that lasted longer than five minutes, and made some cookies.
- I had an incredible Mother’s day, mostly because I texted Saia and clearly asked for a list of things. I made suggestions, and he followed those suggestions (flowers, a sweet note, a Facebook post, lots of praise), it was fantastic.
- I need to make more mama friends. Want to be friends?
- My sister and I went to our first yoga class together a few months back. It was so fun!
- I still have about 10-13 pounds to lose before I’m back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I kinda hoped breastfeeding a twenty-five pound baby would take care of that, but nope. Sigh. Guess I need to start eating fewer ice cream cones and more salads.
- We bought a sunshade for our little patio, and hubs is putting it up sometime this week, and I can’t wait!
- I’m training for a half-marathon in October! By training I mean hauling the stroller over the baby gate, down the flight of stairs, securing a crying baby into said stroller while he straightens stiff as a board to keep me from doing so, and then slowly slogging two miles at a time in a big loop around our town in eighty-degree heat. It actually feels really good to move, and Gideon loves being in the stroller (just not getting in to the stroller).
Welp, my coffee is merrily boiling away in the Bialetti, which I’m kinda thinking is not good for the overall flavor, so I’m going to go. Until next time!